From the 10th to the 17th of December 2018, the NDC Skopje Training Center welcomed groups 22, 23 and 24 from the advanced training level of the Nansen Model for Intercultural Education. These groups included teachers from the schools: PS “Krste Petkov Misirkov” – Radovish, PS “Goce Delcev” – Bitola, PS “Penestia” – Debar, PS “Toli Zordumis” – Kumanovo, HS “Gostivar” – Gostivar.
The topic of the first workshop was “Building Intercultural School Environment”, during which teachers and trainers together had the opportunity to fulfill some of the main objectives of the advanced level trainings.
The objectives of the advanced level training are:
- Introducing the concept and idea for intercultural education and its distinctions and characteristics;
- Sensibilization of respect for diversity and otherness in the wider social environment;
- Supporting constructive cooperation and interaction between teachers as well as educational institutions from different municipalities in the territory of the Republic of Macedonia;
- Qualification for qualitative evaluation of the contents’ component in the books/literature;
- Familiarization with positive examples and experiences on successful implementation of intercultural education;
- Development of the idea for intercultural education in Macedonian social context;
- Creation of standards for evaluating different types of intercultural activities.